Large-scale Canadian corporation with IT services in Montréal
Cross-border business services
Over 40 corporate sites
Improved corporate efficiency
A next-generation network architecture along with a detailed migration plan positions the company for sustained growth while ensuring high availability for its customers and services.
The company was at the end of a contractual agreement for its WAN services for all its sites in Canada and the United States. The initial game plan was to issue a call for tenders to select a supplier that could support them in upgrading their telecommunications infrastructure.
The ultimate goal was to establish a next-generation network architecture to ensure efficient communications and business development.
The majority of the client’s business relies on a stable communication infrastructure that ensures the high quality of service delivered to customers. The cost reduction associated with an architecture previously determined with the help of the SBK team contributed to the success of this major project.
- Renew WAN agreements
- Increase capacity and reliability of network infrastructure
- Provide ongoing communication to avoid delays at various stages of cross-border services
- Improve the company’s security environment
- Assistance during the bidding process to select a WAN provider
- New WAN architecture
- Integration and deployment of solutions
- On-site post-implementation technical support
SBK assisted the client with the analysis of the responses and the detailed architecture of a new generation network meeting the following criteria:
- technical responses from bidders
- technical details
- vendor selection
Based on a leading WAN architecture, SBK participated in the selection of the supplier that met the strict criteria dictated by a well-defined technological positioning and met the organization’s business needs. Following the selection of the supplier, SBK was mandated to propose the final network architecture.
SBK’s consultants were involved in the selection of networking and firewalls. The integration of all components and the migration of the sites to the new solution were managed by the SBK team.
Once the solution was deployed, an SBK technical resource was proposed to support the new telecommunications environment. This resource acts as a network expert at the customer’s site.
The proposed solution provides increased protection of critical services in the event of a service outage of the WAN service providers. The automated redundancy mechanisms and diversity proposed by SBK ensure business continuity and therefore provide a disaster recovery strategy.
- Installation & migration carried out successfully according to industry best practices
- Improved customer experience with new WAN
- Improved network infrastructure security
- Improved post-setup network support intervention